Topic 1: Online participation & digital literacies

 I want my teaching to feel modern, inspiring and engaging but also that it should be easy to follow and understand for everyone. I also want to arouse curiosity and motivation and that my knowledge and support should lead to understanding and aha-experiences among the students.

I have always had a great interest in new pedagogical theories and today I can not imagine a teaching without formative assessment and constructive linking (Biggs model). My interest in ICT and today's digital tools also contributes to the fact that today I can digitize much of my teaching. For me, variation has always been important, both for my own part but also for research shows that it benefits students' learning (blended learning).


There, I have flipped classrooms, digitization and teaching on my Ipad has made a big difference for me as a teacher. It gives me the opportunity to illustrate concepts and connections in several different ways and concretize content courses from several different perspectives.

Here you can see some of my teachingnotes in One Note







Ikon för Verifierad av gruppen

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing.
    I totally agree that formative assessment is a great way to support students learning and giving them feedback during the whole process.
    I guess these teachingnotes are example of how you support/supervise students in this?

    In this example is looks like you have made your notes visible online, and using annotation is one way to give feedback to students in such a tool. You mentioned digitization, so I was curious, what would be the next step or what are your thoughts in respect to your subject and digitalization.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was interesting: I want my "teaching to feel modern". I agree! We as teachers are usually older than our students. There may be a difference in how we consume culture, knowledge, etc. As a teacher, you do not want to be "old school" in school!
    I had a guest teacher who asked to use an overhead projector in her teaching. I managed to find an old device in a storage room that she then used. My students thought it was a success; An educational lesson with exotic technology for them. The teacher obviously felt no need to be modern; she was old school (in school!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, thank you so much for sharing your teaching notes! I too am interested in the digitisation versus digitalisation, I mean digitisation gives alternatives to more traditional ways of teaching - but what options do we have with digitalisation?

    Also, very interesting example from the previous person commenting about the overhead projector. I think that I have a tendency to want to go forward, and I worry that might get carried away and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction week